05.09 Mini-Qualifier Mannheim

Warst du auf einem Turnier und hast Besonderes erlebt - oder gar gewonnen? Hier herein mit der Schilderung

Moderator: hardyrange

Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

05.09 Mini-Qualifier Mannheim

Post by Johannes »

Für Joscha :-D

I had a great time, the day was my birthday so winning a nice present to myself. I hope we will have more tournaments at Wizard´s Well in the future, many thanks to Oliver. Sorry for not remembering the names, I am really bad with names 8)

Round1)
me
Lukas (Anarch Assamite .44 rush with Steely Tenacity)
? - Ventrue New Lawfirm
? - Tariq Eats World
? - Cock Robin and friends

Lukas starts going backwards immediately, I have a good run with the cards though, manage to stay alive with my Imbued (not my vamps though), Pentex one of his 2 guys with a Magnum. My grandprey goes forward a lot and damages the Tariq deck badly, in no small part because the Ivory Bow of Tariq was burned with an Anarch Troublemaker before he could put it to use. My predator does stuff, bleeds me, rushes me but doesnt get very far. Hits torpor a few times due to Angel of Berlin´ed Ivory Bow (good thing Tariq lost his). I let Lukas remove the Pentex in return for him going forward. He destroys the Ventrue deck, but not quick enough so the Ventrue ousts Tariq. Lukas then oust the Ventrue by bleeds and Dragonbound. I have a single Giovanni in play, cant influence the other because of Scourge, and he is in Torpor with no chance of rescue. Scourge dies with the Ventrue so I can bring him up. The two then decide to unite against me, but the Nosferatu does not have a lot of combat and unfortunately for him no 2nd Traditions so he cant do much, Lukas is low on blood on the vamps and that costs him the game in the end since I can quickly bin his guys and he suffers from my bleeds and Dragonbound.

1GW 3VP

Round2)

? - Ventrue New Lawfirm
me
Kristian Willenbacher - Nosfe Royalty, no turbo Potence
Andreas Nusser - !Salubri Intercept Combat
Robert Fängler - !Tremere Intercept Combat

I had a real crap start, Tye Cooper in hand but only 2 transfers and a 3-cap Giovanni in the uncontrolled. By the time I could act my prey had Nikolaus Vermeulen. I decide to go for it and gamble on the fact if he has a 2nd Tradition or not. He doesn´t, one of the game deciding moments. My predator pulls out Mary Anne Blaire and another Ventrue, Kristian is putting immense pressure on Andreas with Parity Shifts, they fight a bit, both hit hard and prevent so nothing is really happening. Robert has no pressure at all and starts to tool up his !Tremere. Kristian is constantly considering doing stuff against me because I am dangerous. I convince him not to do so and in return I don´t move forward at all. My predator is not really moving forward, seems he cant get by my +2 intercept. I back rush, Robert blocks one of his actions one of his guys gets diablerized.
Kristian calls an Anarchist Uprising which costs me 5 of my 10 pool. That puts me in the range where he can take me down with just one more vote. So I stop being nice and bleed him out, Robert bleeds my predator out. Andreas pulls up another guy and puts himself on 2 pool.
In a miracle of him having no wake and intercept I bleed him out with my last bleed on that turn, I was really surprised, didnt see myself going anywhere. The followed a very nice and tense endgame, I was pretty sure Robert had the upper hand, I successfully tempted him to play the Sudden he accidentally showed earlier on a Liquidation so I could Pentex his best guy (Flash Harrison) only to find out he has a Wash. Balls.
In the end I win by putting a Fame on Ash and leaving Robert the option of dying by bleeds or by Ash Fame trigger. It was really close a big hooray for disciplinless combat, saved my ass more than one time.

1GW 4VP

2GW 7VP makes me top seed.

Final)

Michael Heyder - Guruhi/Nana Buruku Intercept Combat
Mike Stich - Maureen Heralds of Topeth
me
Raphaela - FoS Sneak&Bleed

This was the only place where I would not sit next to an intercept deck, thats why I chose this position. Not having Intercept is good because then I can get allies, equipment and powers w/o problem. I didn´t know if Mike could bleed a lot but I figured when he is play Heralds he needs other stuff as well. I had another lucky start with a second turn Tye Cooper. Got Erick and Travis afterwards. The Followers got Naktorheb and started bleeding like crazy, Kristian was loosing pool fast. Michael was building up, lost some pool to Parity Shift but not being in danger of being ousted at any time Mike got his first Herald, and started bleeding my heavy as well after I denied his offer that he would bleed me only for one if I don´t rush him. Having a Haven Uncovered was essential because
I could rush Maureen *and* Naktorheb. Kristian also agreed to diableritze Maureen in exchange for me doing forward rushes, that was good. Kristian was saved with 2 pool by my Chainsaw rushes (using RwC to cancel Majesty) and also because he blocked the last bleed with Jake Washington with +1 intercept. There was no more stealth cards. Funny situation. Mike was also loosing pool fast due to Herald upkeep but he tried to hang in there and I started rushing Michael to help him stay alive in exchange for the Herald not rushing my then not so in-shape Imbued. I then ousted Kristian, he was only on two pool and two almost empty vampires, no worries there. Michael finally ousted Mike but by then he
was also very low on blood (due to fighting with the Herald) and I finally had Jennie. In the final two combats he lost his last two minions and that was game over, anyway I had a nice pool buffer by then.
Last edited by Johannes on 10 Sep 2009, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
Esteban
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Esteban »

Cooler Report, tolles Turnier, super Location!
murdoch
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by murdoch »

Totally agree.

I really enjoyed that tournament (especially) the final.

Trash talking, double crossing, threatening, dealing on its finest :P
[b]t[/b]he [b]s[/b]hadows [b]w[/b]ill [b]d[/b]eprave [b]y[/b]ou --- [b]t[/b]he [b]c[/b]orrupter
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Re: 05.09 Mini-Qualifier Mannheim

Post by Männele »

Johannes wrote: Lukas (Anarch Assamite .44 rush with Steely Tenacity)
Lukas, du alter Deckdieb. Frechheit!

Danke für den Report, sehr interessant.
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
borg029un03
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by borg029un03 »

Hätte ich gewonnen hätte dein Name mit auf der Deckliste gestanden ;)
Wenn der Radius z ist und die Höhe a dann ist das Volumen Pi * z * z * a
Rudolf
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 5810002

Post by Rudolf »

Johannes wrote: Final)

me
? - FoS Sneak&Bleed
Das ist aber nicht sehr gentleman-like: Da gelangt die einzige Dame des Turniers ins Finale, und Du hast noch nicht einmal Ihren Namen in Erfahrung gebracht ... also für die Elder Library: Raphaela :wink:
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

Rudolf wrote:
Johannes wrote: Final)

me
? - FoS Sneak&Bleed
Das ist aber nicht sehr gentleman-like: Da gelangt die einzige Dame des Turniers ins Finale, und Du hast noch nicht einmal Ihren Namen in Erfahrung gebracht ... also für die Elder Library: Raphaela :wink:
Ah es tut mir so leid, aber mein Gedächtnis ist ein schwarzes Loch.
V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
murdoch
Prinz
Prinz
VEKN Nr.:

Post by murdoch »

Sie war ja auch recht still :) Da kann man den Namen mal vergessen. Sie sollte echt ein wenig mehr reden/lügen, dann passt das das nächste mal.

:twisted:
[b]t[/b]he [b]s[/b]hadows [b]w[/b]ill [b]d[/b]eprave [b]y[/b]ou --- [b]t[/b]he [b]c[/b]orrupter