[TWD] AAAAA - Göteborg ECQ 2008

Turnierfähige Decks zu bauen, braucht Zeit und Erfahrung. Poste hier dein Deck, um konstruktive Kritik und Verbesserungsvorschläge zu erhalten.
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

[TWD] AAAAA - Göteborg ECQ 2008

Post by Johannes »

41 players

Deck Name : AAAAA (Quintuple A)
Author : Johannes
Description :
Anson, Alexandra, Anneke, Aching Beauty and Ambulance

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 7 max: 11 average: 9.25
------------------------------------------------------------

4x Anson 8 CEL PRE aus dom prince Toreador:1
3x Alexandra 11 ANI AUS CEL PRE dom inner circle Toreador:2
2x Anneke 10 AUS CEL PRE dom justicar Toreador:1
1x Francois Villon 10 AUS CEL PRE chi obf pot prince Toreador:2
1x Klaus van der Veke 9 CEL PRE aus obf tha prince Toreador:2
1x Tatiana Romanov 7 AUS cel pre prince Toreador:1

Library [75 cards]
------------------------------------------------------------

Action [2]
2x Entrancement

Action Modifier [11]
4x Aire of Elation
2x Approximation of Loyalty
3x Change of Target
2x Voter Captivation

Action Modifier/Reaction [2]
2x Scalpel Tongue

Combat [7]
7x Majesty

Equipment [3]
2x Ambulance
1x Heart of Nizchetus

Event [1]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star

Master [30]
4x Aching Beauty
1x Coven, The
3x Direct Intervention
1x Fortschritt Library
1x Giant's Blood
2x Information Highway
2x Jake Washington (Hunter)
6x Minion Tap
2x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
3x Toreador Grand Ball
4x Visit from the Capuchin

Political Action [13]
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancient Influence
1x Ancilla Empowerment
2x Banishment
6x Parity Shift
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Reins of Power

Reaction [6]
2x Deflection
2x On the Qui Vive
2x Telepathic Misdirection

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sat Mar 22 23:29:39 2008]

V:TES online shop http://www.vtes.de
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 1000565

Post by Männele »

Wozu die Jakes und die Visits? Sind die so wichtig, um auf 6 gute andere Karten zu verzichten?

Und wieder kaum Kampfdecks am Start gewesen?
Ich habe noch nie etwas vergessen. Das wüsste ich.
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

Männele wrote:Wozu die Jakes und die Visits? Sind die so wichtig, um auf 6 gute andere Karten zu verzichten?
Visits sind einer der Kernpunkte des Decks. Hand-control ist schon wichtig. Jake bringt 4 pool und vor allem s.u ...
Männele wrote: Und wieder kaum Kampfdecks am Start gewesen?
Einen recyclebarer Jake ist ziemlich bitter fuer ein Kampfdeck :wink:
Cailean
Seneschall
Seneschall
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Cailean »

Glückwunsch zum Turniergewinn!

Wo du dich immer rumtreibst..... :D
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Cailean.png[/img][/url]
_angst_
Ancilla
Ancilla
VEKN Nr.:

Post by _angst_ »

Männele wrote:Wozu die Jakes und die Visits? Sind die so wichtig, um auf 6 gute andere Karten zu verzichten?
In a deck like this you usually don't want to cycle cards. Thus the need for Dreams of the Sphinx is limited. You do however want to have plenty of options when it's your turn without having to throw away alot of your cards.

That's why Visit and the Heart are amazing cards for a deck like this. Also consider that you can use Anthelios to get the visits back. That usually means you'll play a visit each turn.

When it comes to Jake he's just amazing. As Johannes said, he's a great combat defence and a potential bloat for 4 blood. He can also block stuff like heavy bleeds. And with Anthelios you can play a new Jake each turn.
Alex Ek
VEKN Prince of Gothenburg, Sweden

"Und tanze, tanze, tanze, tanze. Tanz den Tanz zum Tod"
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Männele »

No doubt about that Jake is a good one. But in this deck you will not often end up with empty minions in your untap, do ya? So how can he be poolgain? Rushblocking makes more sense for me, that's a good idea. Granted, Visit gives you a lot of options, but with that many masters I'd be concerned to clog my hand with just more masters. Wouldn't it be better to lower the percentage of such cards to more likely get what I need without having to increase handsize or do tricks like getting a Heart of Cheating?

When will the world learn that you have to have cards against f***g Anthelios. Why not ban it :lol: ?

I think Johannes won because he became one of the best players and he plays decks, which are new to the people, so they have difficulties to anticipate what will come.
Johannes
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Johannes »

Männele wrote:No doubt about that Jake is a good one. But in this deck you will not often end up with empty minions in your untap, do ya? So how can he be poolgain? Rushblocking makes more sense for me, that's a good idea.
It is not so hard since you Minion Tap your guys for lots and there is Majesty, Deflection and Telepathic Misdirection which can cause blood cost out-of-turn. Also you *never* want to be empty in your turn since hunting at 0 blood is really a bad idea in this deck, so Jake is a good insurance here. He is really important in the deck, that is why I increased the number up to 2 in the morning before the tournament.
Granted, Visit gives you a lot of options, but with that many masters I'd be concerned to clog my hand with just more masters. Wouldn't it be better to lower the percentage of such cards to more likely get what I need without having to increase handsize or do tricks like getting a Heart of Cheating?
Visit gives you a lot of options without loosing cards to the ash heap and that is really important. You *want* to play most of the cards at some point, but you might need different options at that moment. Also it is a deck where you wait a lof for the right moment and then Visit is a good card to be prepared for that. I was never master-clogged once, actually a lot of times I could have played more masters if I had them. The Parthenons come up quickly with the Visits/Heart so you have 3 MPA sooner or later. Also you don`t cycle a lot of minion cards and you really want to play master cards since the other guys can´t do much about it.
When will the world learn that you have to have cards against f***g Anthelios. Why not ban it :lol: ?
I think Anthelios is just fine. People should play cards like Trochomancy, disabling recursion is a strong option (e.g Sudario Refraction is also strong).
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Männele »

Yes, Trochomancy rocks :D . But there aren't that many vampires able to play it, even at outferior.
Pyro
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Pyro »

There ARE many Vampires who can play this card.... but the question is...what can they do as alternative... and how to integrate this card in another deck than with Nagaraja
I...ehm...forgot the edge.........again......

VEKN ID: 1005861
cutie
Archont
Archont
VEKN Nr.:

Post by cutie »

Nagaraja?
The first clan that came to my mind when I saw that card went straight to my Harbingers of Skull Slaughterhouse Deck. ^^

But enough off topic.

Congratulations go to Johannes for playing once more the right deck at the right time. Cool additions to the AAA Deck. :D
A lesson lived is a lesson learned.
hardyrange
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher
VEKN Nr.: 3820003

Post by hardyrange »

Männele wrote:Yes, Trochomancy rocks :D . But there aren't that many vampires able to play it, even at outferior.
Geht so:

[nec] 105 Vampire
[nec][aus] 40 Vampire
[NEC][AUS] 16 Vampire

Ich warte aber auch noch darauf, die Karte irgendwo mal zu sehen... 8)
"It was a perfect plan - until it had contact with reality"
---
Hardy Range
Playgroup Tradition Compliance Manager
Mateusz
Justicar
Justicar
VEKN Nr.:

Post by Mateusz »

Glückwunsch! Aber ich gebe Joscha recht, es wird langsam aber sicher Zeit sich auf Turnieren gegen Anthelios (und andere events) zu wappnen! 8)
_angst_
Ancilla
Ancilla
VEKN Nr.:

Post by _angst_ »

First I just want to say that you guys don't have to reply in English just because I do. I can read German (with some difficulty). However, me actually writing in German would be quite hard to understand :D
Johannes wrote:It is not so hard since you Minion Tap your guys for lots and there is Majesty, Deflection and Telepathic Misdirection which can cause blood cost out-of-turn. Also you *never* want to be empty in your turn since hunting at 0 blood is really a bad idea in this deck, so Jake is a good insurance here. He is really important in the deck, that is why I increased the number up to 2 in the morning before the tournament.

I agree with everything you say here Johannes. However, I think the thing with Jake and similar cards that doesn't look to powerful to the naked eye is that you have to actually play them to understand their worth. I have no idea if the players replying here have done that, but atleast I must confess that I didn't really see the power of Jake before I started to play him in alot of different decks.
Visit gives you a lot of options without loosing cards to the ash heap and that is really important. You *want* to play most of the cards at some point, but you might need different options at that moment. Also it is a deck where you wait a lof for the right moment and then Visit is a good card to be prepared for that. I was never master-clogged once, actually a lot of times I could have played more masters if I had them. The Parthenons come up quickly with the Visits/Heart so you have 3 MPA sooner or later. Also you don`t cycle a lot of minion cards and you really want to play master cards since the other guys can´t do much about it.
Bah, one can never clog on masters. It's not possible :). However, when talking about masters. Do you think blindspot could play a role in a deck like this. Just 2 of them would give you the opportunity to draw and reuse them with Anthelios.
I think Anthelios is just fine. People should play cards like Trochomancy, disabling recursion is a strong option (e.g Sudario Refraction is also strong).
Errm, good choice as an Anthelios hoser ;). Not that Troch isn't an awesome card but you really need something that is easily accessible to call it a nice defence against a card. I would say that the only real good Anthelios hoser my feverish brain can come up with atm is The Uncoiling. And that's a card more players should use. Events are quite nasty.
Sadly it doesn't help against the other recursion cards though, are there any cards without harsh requirements that do? Perhaps we need an event that kills 2 cards at random in each meths ash-heap during their discard phases.

That would be everything I have to say atm.
Back to bed to fight off this merger of German and English viruses who are rampaging through my poor body :'(

Regards and Sneezes
Alex Ek
VEKN Prince of Gothenburg, Sweden

"Und tanze, tanze, tanze, tanze. Tanz den Tanz zum Tod"
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Männele »

hardyrange wrote:
Ich warte aber auch noch darauf, die Karte irgendwo mal zu sehen... 8)
Komm nach Frankfurt :wink: .
Männele
Vorsintflutlicher
Vorsintflutlicher

Post by Männele »

_angst_ wrote: However, I think the thing with Jake and similar cards that doesn't look to powerful to the naked eye is that you have to actually play them to understand their worth. I have no idea if the players replying here have done that, but atleast I must confess that I didn't really see the power of Jake before I started to play him in alot of different decks.
As I said before I think that Jake is a goody, no doubt. I especially like him with the new Vessel, as you can empty one vamp in the untap per Vessel AND refill with Jake. Rushblock is a good idea too and with Recursion he really could become a monster.
What makes me wonder is your statement of "you can't choke on masters". How often did my hand clog on masters and I sat helplessly watching my minions getting dunked by combatdecks. I can't stand this. Granted with Parthenon and Anson you can play lots in the Masterphase. If your environment plays without locationburning cards and Uncoiling then of course you can play with 45%+ Mastercards. Otherwise if you sit there with 6 Masters in hand and just be able to watch at your prey winning the table because all you can do is playing a Jake, Minion Tap, Info Highway or an Aching Beauty you don't have fun.
So packing some Visits indeed makes sense at least to get some actioncards in hand, you are right. I'd like to play against it to see what it is able to do. Still I think this is a strange deck and winning with it is hard work. So cheers to Johannes for managing it.